Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Message from our Outgoing President

by Vickie King
In all the years I have belonged to RWA, this was my first year as a chapter President.  Twelve months ago, as I held my first meeting, there was a lump in my throat.  At this moment, there is once again a lump in my throat, but it is one of gratefulness to those that helped me through this past year.

As I look back over 2011, I see how much each of you gave of yourselves, and I thank you.  I’ve loved being president, but I’m also happy to be passing the torch to your new president, Dolores, who has some great ideas for the coming year.

In the meantime, I’ll be wearing another hat for ACRA, as the Education Chair, so send me your ideas for monthly workshops. I look forward to seeing everyone again in January. Until then, Happy Holidays and Happy Writing.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Vickie, for an awesome job as President of ACRA. See? I knew you could do it, even if you doubted yoruself. I know I trapped you into it, but you have to admit it was a fair exchange for you trapping me into running for President in 2010. I know you'll do just as good a job as Education Chair.

    ReplyDelete